League Information: 04/15/2022
- $100 per team 18 hole
flights. $ 90 per team 9 hole flights, plus
weekly green fees if you are not members.
- Fees must be paid by March 31 to secure a spot in
the league in the same flight as last year.
- Fees paid after April 1 are
additional $20 per team penalty.
- Flights are based on a time range.
- There are currently 9 flights with up to 12 teams
10:00 – Flight 1 – 18 holes
- ○ 11:00 – Flight 2 –
- ○ 12:00 – Flight 3 –
- 3:30 – Flight 5 and 8 – 9 holes
- 4:30 – Flights 6 and 9 – 9 holes
- 5:30 – Flights 7 and 10 – 9 holes
- Play rotates between the front and back 9’s.
- Teams consist of two players.
- A dependable sub is recommended.
- A match can be played with just one player per team
if a sub cannot be found. His score will be used twice.
- League play begins in early May and continues until
the end of September.
- The league provides schedules and tee times for
- Schedules will be available on the website (www.oakhillgolfleague.com) by the Monday before
the 1st league match.
- The league calculates handicaps for each player.
- An MGA card is not necessary.
- New players must provide a valid beginning handicap,
either MGA or another league or play three “pre season
- If no handicap is provided, a default handicap of 5
- New handicaps are calculated every four weeks.
- Anyone can be a substitute, even other league
- If a sub has subbed before during the year, he will
have a league handicap.
- If he has not subbed before during the year, a
handicap must be determined for him as follows:
- MGA, another league, or default to a 5.
- Only subs with an established handicap and a minimum
of 5 rounds in league play can sub during the playoffs.
- All league play is played within each flight.
- Each team will play every team in their flight a
- All matches will be played on the scheduled date and
time. No makeups or pre played matches are allowed, except for rainouts.
- A 10-point scoring system is used.
- Two points are awarded for each of the following:
- Low team net.
- High-handicapper net winner.
- Low-handicapper net winner.
- High-handicapper match play
- Low-handicapper match play
- Use special Oak Hill League scorecards.
- When the round is over and the total scores
calculated, place the scorecard in the
wooden box on the counter. Calculation of team points is optional.
- Please write legibly, entering the first and last
names for each player.
- Do not allow subs to fill out the scorecard. Only
league members should fill out scorecards.
- Please give the complete name for a sub along with
his handicap and place an "X" in the sub box.
- See "Sample
- USGA rules apply. No winter rules.
- Local rules:
<![if !supportLists]>o <![endif]>Local Rule E-5. Lost or OB balls take
relief by dropping a ball in relief area and add two strokes. See USGA Rule
<![if !supportLists]>o <![endif]>Maximum of two out-of-bounds shots per
hole then drop a ball and add 4 penalty strokes.
<![if !supportLists]>o <![endif]>When playing # 9, the fairway and
green of # 18 is out of bounds.
<![if !supportLists]>o <![endif]>Limit time looking for a lost ball to
3 minutes. Do not return to return to the location of previous stroke.
- Makeup rounds not allowed. All matches will be
played on the date and time scheduled.
- If you cannot play on the scheduled date or time,
find a sub or have your partner play as two.
- Approximately every fourth week we will have a
special event such as a best ball or scramble.
- These events are not mandatory.
- The cost is $10 per team, payable at the front desk.
- Call Oak Hill (259-8969) to set your own tee times.
- Money is paid out for the top net scores based on
the number of teams participating.
- Occasionally players and/or teams do not show up.
- If the other team does not show your team is awarded
- If only one player from the other team shows, that
player can play alone, using his score twice.
- If only one player from each team shows, each player
can play alone, using their score twice.
- If only one player shows, that player plays alone and
receives 10 points for his team.
- Prize money will be awarded after 11 weeks, 5 weeks,
and end of year playoffs.
- The top teams in each flight will receive a cash
- Most points determine places.
- If ties occur, the following tie breakers apply:
- Most wins.
- Least number of losses.
- Most points during head-to-head
- Hand-to-hand combat or flip of a
coin, whichever is preferred.
top 32 teams (9 hole flights), based on points and win/loss, will participate
in the “upper division playoffs”.
next 32 teams (9 hole flights), based on points and win/loss, will participate
in the “lower division playoffs”.
top 32 teams (18 hole flights), based on points and win/loss, will participate
in the “18 hole division playoffs”.
playoff will last five weeks.
not in the playoffs can continue to play in the special events planned for
must have a minimum of 5 rounds in league play to be eligible to play in the
breakers will be “low team net” on the scorecard, starting on a random hole
predetermined each week .
- Team standings, schedules, and other league
information will be posted on this web site.
- Please check the web site for current handicaps and
other league information.